If you're just getting started on the college application process with your rising senior, Magellan has a program designed just for you!
The College App ZAP is a 6-week college application preparation series.
- Your student will attend six live group seminars with Certified Educational Planner and Magellan founder Evelyn Jerome-Alexander. Each meeting will feature a different topic, and we'll leave a little time for questions at each group meeting.
- Following group sessions 2 and 5, you'll meet one-on-one with one of our counselors to discuss your college list, review your resume and activity descriptions, and review and revise your essays.
- After the last group session, you'll have one more opportunity to send your essays to your individual counselor for a final review.
We'll offer the ZAP in June/July (Thursdays at 6 pm pdt, 6/10-7/15), and again in September/October (Sundays at noon, 9/12-10/17). Each meeting will be one hour.
Here's what we'll cover:
Group Meeting #1
- Admission process overview
- How financial aid works
- What's changed due to Covid-19
- Balancing your college list
Group Meeting #2
- Deep dive into college research
- Presenting your activities
Individual Appointment: Review college list and activities/resume
Group Meeting #3
- College Application Boot Camp!
Group Meeting #4
- Everything about college essays!
- Begin essay brainstorming
Group Meeting #5
- Essay brainstorming – Common App
- Essay brainstorming – UCs
Individual appointment: Discuss your essays
Group Meeting #6
- Essay brainstorming – Supplements
- Essay brainstorming – the “Why Us?” essay
After the final session: you'll send your essays to your counselor for an additional essay review.
The College App ZAP is customized to help you master all of the steps of your college application process!
The cost is $795, and you may add additional time - hourly at $225/hour, or 5 hours for $875 (a 20% discount from our hourly rate). Unlike other college application programs, all seminars are live with time for Q&A, and include two one-on-one individual meetings with our counselors.
If one-on-one guidance would be more effective for your child, we offer a 10-hour package ($2250) and a 20-hour package ($4000). Students who sign up for these packages are invited to attend different virtual group workshops on top of their one-on-one time with their counselor.
Please register below to receive more information. If you're ready to sign up for any of these options, we'll follow up with a contract, a link to pay by credit card, and short intake form.