Sign up to receive this newsletter by e-mail here
Connect with us!
Host a College Admissions Seminar for Friends
Top 5 Reasons To Attend A National College Fair
The National Association for College Admission Counseling hosts large college fairs across the country every spring. YOU SHOULD GO! Here are some reasons why:
5. There are a lot more colleges out there than you probably realize! At some of the larger fairs (Boston, Los Angeles, New York), almost 350 colleges will send representatives. Even at the smaller fairs (San Francisco, Ventura, Providence), about 200 colleges will attend. Go check out some options you haven’t thought about yet!
4. Meet the actual human being who will read YOUR application! Most of the time, the college admissions officer who attends your local college fair is the person who will read your file first in the admissions office! Help them put your face to your name and get to know you.
3. Filling out a postcard for a college in which you are interested – even if you are already on their mailing list – demonstrates to them that you are interested!! And sometimes that can help (just a little bit!) when your application arrives.
2. You aren’t getting enough college brochures in the mail. You can pick up paraphernalia from dozens more at your local national college fair!
1. Did we mention you can meet the ACTUAL HUMAN BEING who will read your application?!
YOU SHOULD GO!
And if you can’t make the big fair, check out these individual college info sessions in the LA area in the next few weeks!!
April “To-Do” for 10th and 11th Graders
|Copyright © 2016 Magellan College Counseling